A slow cooker, as the name implies, can cook various types of dishes (soup, stew, braised meat, etc.) slowly at a low temperature. They are a great comfort for stews, soups, bean stew, pot broils, and other delicious dishes, for example, pastries. They are utilised by everybody all inclusive.Moderate cookers give comfort to individuals who like home-prepared meal, however are on tight time plans.
Tings to keep in mind while purchasing Slow Cooker:
Size—Size issues, yet recall that regardless of whether it guarantees 5-liter limit, you won’t receive 5 liters of supper in return because you can’t fill it to the top, with the usable cooking space generally around two-thirds of the stated capacity. Size available in 17 ounces (500 mL) to 7.5 quarts (7L) and up
- Heat Settings—Slow Cooker come with diffrent heat mode option, you can choose according to specipic needs. Most of slow cookers have low, medium, and high settings and some have a ‘keep warm’ mode, some have continuous adjustable power and some have no controls for temperature with a constant heat to the food inside. Programmable rice cooker are used as slow cookers.
- Advantages—Slow cookers usually allow one-step preparation. Placing all the ingredients in the slow cooker saves preparation time and cuts down on cleanup. These cookers are usefull througout year in winter you can welcome the aroma of hot soup and in summer time you can save yourself form kitchen heat.
- Cleaning—it is to clean. Inner pot can be easily washed by hand and some can go into the dishwasher.
- Cost—Slow cooker is available in different prices about $30 to $200 based on the features, size, and material it is made from. You could spend much more on toaster ovens, broilers, and convection ovens. You can save up to 50% on groceries when you buy cheaper cuts of meat. They will cook up fork tender with a delicious flavor by adding vegetables and spices. If you are vegetarian, vegan, or diabetic, you will save tons of money.
- Energy Savings —It will help you to save more energy than other appliances. You will save another potential 50%. You will also save more money using the leftovers for the kids’ lunch and your own lunch.
- Health Conscious—Everybody want to cook food with the benefits of vitamins and minerals. You will never need to include margarine, fats, or oils to obstruct your corridors. Simply cut back the excess off you meat and chicken before utilizing.
- Storing the Crock Pot—is a no brainer. It can be stored in the refrigerator with its lid on top. Be sure to let it warm up before heating so the ceramic doesn’t crack or break. Read your instruction booklet for this direction.
Most moderate cooker/simmering pots will concoct oats, granola, couscous, all meats, vegetables, and some will cook sweets. Rice can be cooked, yet recollect, it duplicates in size when cooked. In the event that you utilize 1 cup of dry rice, it will concoct to be 2 cups. On the off chance that you need a different rice cooker just for rice, see them here.
Summary of 10 Slow Cooker Reviews
SALEBESTSELLER NO. 1 5 Reviews FERUM 3IN1 Multipurpose Stand Medium 9 Plates (IDLY,IDIAPPAM,DHOKLA) (7X3) Suitable FOR-5-LITRE Prestige Cooker,Stand diameter-18cm, height-14cm.
- SUITABLE FOR-5-LITRE PRESTIGE COOKER
₹ 1,180 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping SALEBESTSELLER NO. 2 2 Reviews Skyline Stainless Steel Slow Cooker 2 Pot 200W, 2 x 1.5Ltr (Red)
- Each pot vessel can cook at a different temperature level with independent side handles
- The pot cooking vessels lift out of the slow cooker for table side serving & easy cleaning.
- Both tempered glass lid make it easy to monitor cooking progress
₹ 2,915 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping SALEBESTSELLER NO. 3 1 Reviews Skyline 3 in 1 Multi Cooker Deep Frying, Boiling and Barbecue Grill -2 L
- WATTAGE : 900W, 3 in 1 Multi Cooker Deep Frying, Boiling and Barbecue grill
- Multi-cooker comes with Tempered glass metastable lid which gives it an elegant look, also non-stick coating of detachable pans and pots
- Thermostat for multiple temperature control helps you to decide the power range of cooking with low, medium and high thermostat control
₹ 1,725 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping BESTSELLER NO. 4 TOTAL HOME Reynolds Kitchens Slow Cooker Liners (Regular Size, 6 Count)
- 4 slow cooker liners for 3 to 6.5 quart round or oval slow cookers
- Strong and reliable – Holds in the heartiest ingredients without breaking or puncturing in the slow cooker
- Mess free slow cooking – Lines the slow cooker so there’s no baked on mess
₹ 123 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping SALEBESTSELLER NO. 5 FERUM DHOKLA Stand Big (8X4) Suitable FOR-10-LITRE Prestige Cooker, Stand diameter-20cm,height-17.5cm,Plate diameter-18.3cm.
- SUITABLE FOR-10-LITRE PRESTIGE COOKER
₹ 849 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping SALEBESTSELLER NO. 6 2 Reviews FERUM DHOKLA Stand Big (8X5) Suitable FOR-10-LITRE Prestige Cooker,Stand diameter-20cm,height-21.5cm,Plate diameter-18.3cm.
- SUITABLE FOR -10-LITR PRESTIGE COOKER
₹ 949 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping SALEBESTSELLER NO. 7 8 Reviews Proctor-Silex 33043 4-Quart Slow Cooker
- Removable stoneware for easy cleaning
- 4 quart capacity
- Dishwasher safe stoneware
from ₹ 7,347 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping SALEBESTSELLER NO. 8 7 Reviews Pringle FW-1806 4.5-liters Slow Cooker (Red/Black)
- Cool touch handle
- Fast heat up
- Variable temperature control
₹ 3,296 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping SALEBESTSELLER NO. 9 2 Reviews Skyline Buffet Server VTL- 9777, 300W 3 * 2.5Ltr. Stainless Steel Design
- Stainless Steel Design.Adjustable Thermostat.
- Portable Carry Handles.
- Disassemble for Easy Cleaning.
₹ 3,099 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping SALEBESTSELLER NO. 10 4 Reviews Skyline VI9555 Buffet Server (Sliver)
- Adjustable temperature control
- Cool touch serving handle
- It has 3 segments
₹ 2,539 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping
Why Should You Buy A Slow Cooker?
- Accuracy – it gives the correct low temperature on every use which will give better texture on the foods that you are cooking especially meats.
- For more delicious foods –slow cookers are proven to bring out the flavor of the foods that you are cooking as much as possible which results in better tasting foods.
- Safer to use – compared to LPG, electric slow cookers are much safer because you are not exposed to fire and accidents that are inflicted by fires and LPG.
- Energy-saver – it is known that slow cookers utilize lesser electricity than other types of cooking equipment.
- Multipurpose – it is designed to fit different types of food preparations which make the most out of your money. This all in one cooker can give you almost all your needs in cooking.
- Easy to use – it lessens the tremendous amount of effort that you will need to prepare tender meats.
- Versatility – because of its many functions, aside from your house, you can bring it with you especially on picnics. It will greatly help those travelers because it is portable and easy to handle.
- Durability – it can withstand extensive use because it is known for cooking in an extended amount of time with low temperatures. Also, it is designed for multifunctional use which proves that it has the ability to last longer.
- Safe to use – it has cool-touch handles and tempered glass to avoid accidents.
What Can You Cook In A Slow Cooker?
There are lots of foods that can be cooked in a slow cooker and it is too numerous to mention. Here are some of the notable slow cooker meals.
What To Look For In Buying Slow Cooker?
- Food grade materials – by checking that the product has this attribute you and your family is safe from the harmful effects of toxic chemicals on your health.
- Programmable controls – this feature is very important as you can have the privilege to have more precise cooking of your foods. The reason for this is that there are a specific temperature and amount of time needed for a specific food ingredient for it to achieve much better texture and taste.
- On and off indicators – this will give you the privilege to know if the slow cooker is currently turned on or off in this way you will not keep guessing. By having this feature you are al,so protected from unwanted accidents due to carelessness.
- Ceramic crocks – crocks that are made of ceramic are proven to be the best of both worlds when it comes to slow cookers. They are known to last longer compared to other types of materials.
- Maximum capacity – by checking carefully the maximum capacity of the slow cooker that you are eyeing to buy you will know if it is sufficient enough for the number of people in your household.
- Removable inner pot – by having removable stoneware cleaning will be a lot easier and it will also keep the electronic components safe.
- Portability – this allows you to bring the slow cooker outdoors whenever and wherever you need to without any difficulties.
- Locking lids – by having this feature on the slow cooker that you will buy will give you an assurance that there will no spill that will happen. It will also ensure that the hot temperature is only contained inside of the slow cooker which makes cooking more efficient.
- High-quality materials – you must check carefully if the reputation of the product is really good. By doing this you are giving yourself a peace of mind that the product will last long.
- Good warranty – it is really important to ensure that the product has good warranty terms to give you a sort of protection if an issue with the item arises.
- Low power consumption – always see to it that the slow cooker that you are eyeing to buy has reasonable energy consumption. By doing this you can save a lot of money on your electricity bills.
- Thermostat – this feature will save you a lot of electricity and at the same time prevents overheating to happen.
- Non-stick coated – this feature prevents residues to stick on the bowl which will eventually help you clean the item without hassles. This also adds durability on the item as it prevents scratches and chips to occur.
- Extra accessories –it is always much better to look for extra accessories when shopping for an item and it is also applicable with slow cookers. Some of the notable accessories that are usually included in the package of slow cookers are frying basket and steam rack.
- Delay timer – by having this feature you can actually multitask because you have the capacity to control when you want your slow cooker to start doing its thing.
Important Features to Consider
Crock pots come with a wide range of available features. Here’s what to consider when selecting a crock pot:
- Multi-functionality. While their primary function is as a slow cooker, many new crock pots can function as other cooking machines. These other functionalities include rice cookers, pressure cookers, and casserole cookers to name a few.
- Energy consumption. As technology improves, crock pots are becoming more energy efficient. You want a crock pot with low energy consumption because it will be on for many hours every time you use it.
- Programmable. Crock pot recipes can be more complex than just heating the ingredients for hours. A programmable crock pot can handle more complex recipes without you having to be there to make manual changes.
- Size. The size of a crock pot is usually measured in quarts and determines how many people you can cook for at one time. A 6 qt crock pot is capable of cooking for 7 or more people.
- Warm feature. Crock pots are designed to shut off after they reach the end of the cooking time. Pots with the warm feature reduce the temperature so that the food won’t continue to cook but will stay warm.
- Color. Crock pots tend to stay on home kitchen counters as a portable appliance. Choosing the right color will help your pot blend in with your other appliances.
- Dishwasher safe. Cleaning a crock pot can take some time, but that process goes faster when the lid and insert pot can be placed in the dishwasher.
- Locking lid. Many crock pots are designed to be easy to transport and you can use it as a serving vessel. Having a locking lid ensures that your crock pot will stay shut while transporting it, which keeps you safe and prevents spills.
- Handles. Although the cooking takes place in the insert pot, the outside of the crock pot can heat up too. Handles let you carry it safely, and most crock pots have heat-resistant plastic handles on the sides.
- Timer. Since crock pots run for a long time, having a built-in time makes it easier to keep track of when it should be done cooking.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to clean a slow cooker?
- Before you start the cleaning process ensure that the unit is turned off and unplugged on the electrical outlet.
- If the stoneware is removable completely detach it from the unit.
- Wash it with soapy water and rinse it with warm water.
- However, if it is not removable you have no choice but to wipe the inside with a damp cloth and afterward dry it with a clean dry cloth.
- Is it safe to buy a slow cooker online?
Yes as long as it is from a highly-reputable website like Amazon.